WHAT: The 2023 Discover Boating® Norwalk Boat Show, inpartnership with Progressive Insurance®, returns to the Norwalk Cove Marina September 21-24, 2023, with more boats to shop, free boating lessons & rides, paddle sports demos, and tons of fun for the whole family. The Northeast’s favorite boating eventprovides four days of waterfront fun and the chance to relax and soak up the end of summer on the beautiful Long Island Sound.
With more than one million first-time boat buyers taking to the water in the past few years, the Discover Boating Norwalk Boat Show is ready to welcome thousands of boaters new and old to enjoy the best of life on the water!
- More boats, more brands, more gear, more fun – See & shop the most comprehensive selection of boat brands and types in the tri-state area this fall, from offshore fishing boats to family cruisers. The boat show is the perfect opportunity to browse, compare and place orders for your first or next boat, plus gear upon the newest boating accessories, marine electronics and on-the-water must-haves from the best brands in the business.
- Tour the “Queen of the Show” – Boat Show tradition dictates that each year, the largest boat at the show in length overall is crowned “Queen” – details to be announced on this year’s beauty!
- Free paddle sports demos & free boat rides at Try It Cove – Paddle and kayak your way around the boat show to get a different view of hundreds of boats and get closer to the water! Kayak and stand-up paddleboard demos available for ages 10 & up.
- Kids’ fun including Touch Tanks with live tidepool creatures; paddle boating in a mini pool, toy boat-building workshops and more.
- Free Boater Education
- On-water Boating Classes – Takethe helm under the instruction of USCG Licensed Captains to gain more confidence on the water and get hands-on education for all levels. Skills covered include boat handling, docking, knots, basic navigation, and weather awareness. Basic Boat Operator, Women at the Wheel and Junior Captains (ages 11-15) classes available.
- Fred’s Shed How-to Center—presented by Progressive® – Tips, tricks, and DIY advice for every boater—from first timers to experienced captains. Have a boat or engine problem you haven’t been able to fix? Stop by and ask our tech expert about it.
- America’s Boating Club® Boating Simulator – Get “hands-on” practice in boating skills such as docking, pivot turns, stopping and more using a real Mercury throttle and steering wheel.
- Sheffield Island Lighthouse Boat Tour – Enjoy a complimentary boat ride out to historic Green’s Ledge Lighthouse on Sheffield Island. During the trip, you’ll hear about local history and folklore, including the origins of the local oyster industry and the maritime heritage of Long Island Sound. Presented by the Norwalk Seaport Association with daily, one-hour trips at 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm, 4:30pm.
- Relax waterside witha cool beverage, live music, and seaside views at the Water Club Lounge as you enjoy island-inspired Montauk Distilling Co. cocktails and mocktails or kick back at The Sand Bar, sponsored by Barone Fini wines.Plus take yourself and your tastebuds on an Italian getaway with the Flight of Fini virtual reality experience, hosted by Barone Fini Wines.
- Conservation Village –The Norwalk Boat Show is helping to keep our waters clean through the Conservation Village and its partners, featuring The Clean Earth Project interactive exhibit; Norwalk Says No to Plastic Contest for local elementary and middle schools.
WHEN: Thursday-Sunday, September 21-24, 2023, 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Thursday-Saturday; 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Sunday
WHERE: Norwalk Cove Marina 48 Calf Pasture Beach Rd, Norwalk, CT 06855
TICKETS: Online tickets are $18 for adults; tickets purchased on site are $20 for adults; children 12 and under always get in FREE when accompanied by a paid adult.
To express our gratitude for their service, all active/veteran military, active/retired first responders and USCG & USCGA members can take advantage of FREE admission on Thursday, September 21.