The 2019 Progressive®Insurance Norwalk Boat ShowTM docks at Norwalk Cove Marina September 19-22, 2019, offering water lovers an all-access pass to discover why life is better with a boat at the Northeast’s premier in-water boating event. Boat hop and shop magnificent motor yachts, tricked out runabouts, serious center consoles and watersports boats galore with 300 different vesselsto inspire unforgettable weekends on the water. With a full selection of boats for every budget and lifestyle, including boats that can be financed for less than $250 a month, there is no better place to shop and compare boats side by side. Plus, upgrade boating technology and water toys with thousands of the latest and greatest GPS and radar systems, fishing equipment, design finishes, all-weather apparel, watersports gear and more from top outfitters and brands.
· Free Boat Rides & Fun for the Family – Relax and enjoy a free powerboat ride on Long Island Sound, courtesy of Rex Boating Club & Carefree Boat Club of Southern CT. Plus, bring the kids to hop aboard hundreds of boats and play captain, build their very own toy boat, splash around in a paddleboat lake & much more!
· Live Music by Land and by Sea! Immerse yourself in waterside fun with live music on and off the docks.Stop by the Waterclub Lounge (at the head of Dock B) or the Sandbar (next to the food court) and enjoy live performances by Christine Sweeneyand Chelsea Takami.
· SUP & Kayak amidst hundreds of boats: Get your feet wet at Try-it Cove, the ultimate on-the-water experience featuring a variety of paddlesports including kayaking, canoeing and stand-up paddleboarding. Learn to paddle, demo a new board or simply take in the show from the water and enjoy the last days of summer.
· Shop, Save & Win Big on “Super Thursday” – Elevate savings, shopping and boat show fun to superstar levels at our annual “Super Thursday” on Thursday, September 19. Super Thursday deals include even deeper savings on the best in boating, discounted food & drink specials, and giveaways throughout the day. Plus, tickets are just $5 after 5pm – Thursday only!
· Virtual Boating at Progressive® Boat Club – Attendees can take the helm at Progressive’s Oculus Rift virtual reality experience and race against the clock as they master their captain skills. Plus, those looking to improve their nautical know-how will find an array of hands-on boating courses and a docking pool with remote control model boats from the Annapolis School of Seamanship.
· Boat U.S. Hands-On Boating Courses – All levels of on-water experience can sign up for boating courses to hone skills or learn new ones with Boat U.S. experts and captains. Visit www.boatus.org/norwalk for full schedule and to reserve your spot.
Connecticut boating by the numbers & focus on BOATING CAREERS
As the recreational boating industry continues its multi-year growth track, boating industry jobs from sales to marina operations and technical service abound. To meet the needs of this growing industry, the Progressive®Insurance Norwalk Boat ShowTMwill host “CT Boating Career Days” on September 19 and 20, 2019. The two-day event invites local high school, technical school and college students to take advantage of expert sessions and interactive Q&A panels with a diverse mix of leaders from the factory floor to the executive office discussing marine technology jobs, vessel operations at work, and how to get hired in the boating industry. Participants will also have the chance to tour the Show, take free boat rides, and talk with hundreds of marine industry businesses. Sessions and admission are free to student groups in coordination with their schools. Space is limited, and pre-registration is required by September 9, 2019.
· Connecticut Boating Sales totaled $211.1 million in 2018 including powerboats, engines, trailers and aftermarket accessories.
· There were 90,728 Connecticut boat registrations in 2018.
· There are 20,673 boating industry jobs in the state of Connecticut (direct and indirect).
WHEN: Thursday, September 19 – Sunday, September 22, 2019
Thursday – Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
ARRIVE BY BOAT!
Boat to the Show and enjoy Free Water Taxi service 9:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. Thursday through Saturday and 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. on Sunday. As you approach Norwalk Harbor (to the right of Peach Island), just hail the Port Jeff Water Taxi on Ch. 68 to be directed to an anchor point.
· Purchase online by September 18: $13 for adults; children 12 and under get in FREE when accompanied by a paid adult.
· General Admission: $15 for adults; children 12 and under get in FREE when accompanied by a paid adult.
· Tickets purchased after 5:00 p.m. on Super Thursday are $5 - Thursday attendance ONLY!