WHAT: The 2019 Progressive® Insurance Norwalk Boat Show®, the Northeast’s premier in-water boating event, docks at Norwalk Cove Marina September 19-22, 2019, offering water lovers an all-access pass to discover why life is better with a boat. With more than 300 boats from luxury yachts and center console sportfishers to affordable family cruisers, the Show is best place to compare and buy boats in a beautiful waterfront setting. Shoppers can check out the newest introductions and best deals of the season with exclusive show specials and competitive bargains on hundreds of boats and thousands of marine accessories, and every attendee will discover fun for the whole family as they take in the last days of summer on Long Island Sound.
- Bring the Kids to hop aboard hundreds of boats and play captain, build their very own toy boat, take a free boat ride & much more!
- Progressive® Boat Club: Attendees can take the helm at Progressive’s Oculus Rift virtual reality experience and race a boat. Plus, those looking to improve their nautical know-how will find an array of hands-on boating courses and a docking pool with remote control model boats from the Annapolis School of Seamanship.
- Shop, Save & Win Big on “Super Thursday” – Elevate savings, shopping and boat show fun to superstar levels at our annual “Super Thursday” on Thursday, September 19. Super Thursday specials include even deeper savings on the best in boating, discounted food & drink specials, and giveaways throughout the day.
- Boat U.S. Hands-On Boating Courses: All levels of on-water experience can sign up for boating courses to hone skills or learn new ones with Boat U.S. experts and captains. Visit http://www.boatus.org/norwalk for full schedule and to reserve your spot.
- Try It Cove: Get your feet wet at this in-water experience featuring a variety of paddlesports including kayaking, canoeing and stand-up paddle board demos.
- Boating Career Days (September 19 and 20 from 9:00am-11:30am each day): Join boating industry experts from the service department to the executive office for two full mornings of career sessions focused on Recreational Boating Career Tracks, Marine Technology Jobs, Vessel Operations at Work, and How to Get Hired in the Boating Industry. Boating leaders from manufacturers, dealers and marinas will host interactive morning sessions and Q&As then give students the chance to tour the Show, take free boat rides, and talk with hundreds of marine industry businesses. Free to student groups in coordination with their schools. Space is limited, and pre-registration is required by September 9, 2019.