Features at a Glance
Nature Nick’s Animal Adventures
Come see Nature Nick and his animal friends for a show the whole family will love. Nature Nick’s Animal Adventures offers kids of all ages a chance to get up close and personal with exotic rescue animals including owl monkeys, wallabies, Amazon parrots and more!
Saturday 11am; 1pm; 3pm; 5pm
Sunday 11am; 1pm; 3pm
Get your feet wet at Try It Cove!
The six-time World Champion Miss GEICO Racing Team is proud to introduce the newest and latest Miss GEICO offshore racing boat.
The new Miss GEICO is a 50-ft. Victory catamaran made of carbon/kevlar. At approximately 11,000 pounds, she is almost 1,500 pounds lighter than her predecessor and is equal in length. She has a 12-ft. beam, which is 6-ft. wider than the former boat; the extra width will allow her to ride smoother at faster rates of speed.
Powered by 1075 Mercury racing engines, she currently has a top speed of 170mph. Off-season plans include replacing these engines with a set of 1500 HP piston racing engines which will enable Miss GEICO to reach a top speed in excess of 200 mph!
Try power boating—Free boat rides
Get a taste of the boating lifestyle! Relax and enjoy a wonderful free cruise on the Long Island Sound aboard a 24 foot Bowrider, compliments of Rex Boating Club.
Antique boat exhibit—See Miss Daisy
Take a step back in time and see the mahogany dream boat beauty “Miss Daisy”, a 1958 19’ Chris Craft Capri
Enjoy the island-inspired music of Eric Stone. Eric will perform from 11am–6pm daily, playing his unique style of music—a blend of rock, pop and country inspired by the tropics and his love of the water.
Stop by the "Photo Booth" to snap a #boatie (boating selfie!). Post it to your social media accounts using #norwalkboatshow for the chance to win daily giveaways!
Head to the Seminar Area (space 223) to take the helm of a virtual boat and get a feel for the water without leaving dry land. The Nautis boating simulator makes learning fun, with hands-on training for boaters of all skill levels—new boaters can practice basic boat handling, while experienced mariners can attempt more complicated maneuvers as well as navigation, collision avoidance and more! This awesome training tool is brought to you by the great people at the Annapolis School of Seamanship.
The Water Club Lounge
The Water Club Lounge is a tented oasis of refreshment open to all where you can relax in a comfortable atmosphere and enjoy a beverage on the water.
The Water Club Lounge is located at the head of Dock B!
Watch, learn and do! If you’re a do-it-yourselfer or boat owner interested in maintaining, repairing or upgrading your boat or engine, head to Fred’s Shed for practical, professional advice. Free, daily seminars and talk-show format clinics cover a variety of topics, and include demos and question/answer. Together, hosts “The Boating Guy,” and certified marine service technician Fred, bring more than 50 years of boating experience to the Shed and will be on site to share their expertise. Stop by to see the cutaway boat and motor, participate in hands-on clinics and get your questions answered. Best of all, it’s all FREE, compliments of the Show.
Click here for Show Schedule!
Discover Boating Hands-On Skills Training
On-the-water powerboating workshops—only at the boat show!
Boats provided by MarineMax
Nothing beats hands-on experience when it comes to improving your powerboating skills and learning new ones. This year’s show features a full schedule of one-hour and three-hour hands-on, in-water powerboating workshops designed to add more fun and excitement to your boat show experience…and take your boating skills up a notch. There’s something for everyone—from absolute beginners to seasoned skippers!
Learn from experts:
All sessions are based on internationally recognized training and certification programs and are taught by USCG licensed captains who are also certified professional instructors.
On-hour powerboating workshops
Select from the following hands-on, in-water workshops:
- Basic Close Quarters Powerboat Handling – essential boat handling skills for maneuvering in tight spaces and docking situations. For those new to boating or boaters who would like a “refresher”
- Advanced Close Quarters Powerboat Handling - managing wind and current, docking bow and stern first in a slip, and more. For boaters with some experience or those who’ve completed the “Basic Close Quarters Powerboat Handling” clinic and want to learn some additional skills
- Open Water Boat Handling & Seamanship – handling the boat away from the docks including using trim tabs and or engine trim to balance the boat properly, managing waves and wakes, rules of the road for meeting, crossing and overtaking, and more. For new boaters and those who would like a skills refresher with a professional captain
- Anchoring and Rafting Up with Other Vessels – How to anchor securely including techniques for managing a dragging anchor, freeing a fouled anchor and rafting up safely with other vessels. For all experience levels.
Choose one...or several! You'll learn skills that will last a lifetime. Fegistration fee per person/per session is $20 in advance and $25 at the show. Fee does not include boat show admission.
For schedules and to register CLICK HERE
Three-hour powerboating workshops
- Powerboating Made Easy - includes docking and maneuvering skills, managing the boat in open water, essential rules of the road, anchoring and fundamental chart navigation techniques, and more. For those new to boating or those needing a “refresher”
- Advanced Docking & Precision Boat Control in Tight Spaces - includes docking techniques in challenging conditions, managing wind and current confidently, using spring lines for docking maneuvers and more. For experienced boaters or those looking to move up in vessel size or class
For more information, schedules and to register CLICK HERE
Attendees will receive:
- In-depth instruction
- Hands on training
The $99 workshop fee includes:
- Two days of show admission
- More in-depth education than the free seminars and demos
Welcome to the Water Center
Your one-stop resource for boating information and advice. Get started in boating or learn how to make the most of your time on the water.
- Straightforward answers to all your boating questions
- Expert, unbiased advice on finding a boat that best suits your lifestyle
- Local resources to help you get started
Discover Boating for less than $250/month!
Think owning a boat is out of your reach? Think again! When it comes to enjoyable ways to spend your leisure time, boating is far more affordable than you may realize. Be sure to stop by and check out this special showcase of boats you can finance for less than $250 per month.
When you compare the costs of boating to a single day at an amusement park or a trip to any major league game, you'll find that dollar for dollar, boating is really quite affordable. See for yourself how boating can stretch your vacation and leisure time budget: Compare costs of Boating vs. other Leisure Activities
Let your little ones get creative! Toy Boat Building gives your child a chance to build a nautical masterpiece—a one-of-a-kind vessel using pieces of wood, a little glue, and a lot of imagination.
Kids enjoy free face painting by Leah Morgan of Leah's Caricatures & Face Painting. With many designs to choose from, there is something for kids of all ages!
Fun on the water—just for kids! Kids can splash
Meet Nickelodeon's Dora The Explorer!
Don't miss the girl that's determined, positive, helpful, caring and ALWAYS
ready for adventure, Dora the Explorer! Dora will appear at the show on
Saturday and Sunday from 12pm-4pm each day!
Bring your camera!
Wing-A-Thon Wing Eating Contest
Think your wing eating skills are the best? Prove it at the show's Wing-A-Thon and have your chance at winning a Weber grill brought to you by Keoughs Paint & Hardware…with locations in Stamford and Ridgefield…Keoughs means, everything for your home! Thanks to Buffalo Wild Wings for providing the wings.
Saturday September 21st at 2PM located at the Waterside Dining Tent
$500 Shopping Spree
Enter to Win a trip to the British Virgin Islands
Enter for a chance to win at space 448.*
*Entry does not require a purchase of show admission ticket. Entries can be obtained at the show office.
US Power Squadron/USCGAUX Day: Thursday
The Progressive® Insurance Norwalk Boat Show® will recognize the United States Power Squadron and United States Coast Guard Auxiliary members on Thursday, September 19 with FREE admission for USPS/USCGA members—Simply present your USPS or USCGAUX identification card at the Will Tent desk for one adult admission.
Why visit a Boat Show?
Hear what the Boating Guy has to say about why you should visit a boat show. Click here.